Thursday, October 22, 2009

A big step for me

This morning I was watching an infomercial about a new exercise video (it looks awesome I might add) and was getting all excited and wanting it, wondering if I could ask for it for Christmas etc etc etc and then it dawned on me that I do this all the time. I stopped to think about all the money that has been spent on videos, equipment, and programs and here I am, after all the money has been paid, the products had arrived, and sometimes even used (LOL!) no better (if not worse) than before they came into my life. They definitely were not the answer for me. I do not need to let my dissatisfaction with myself be used to pad the wallets of marketing genius'. My perfect body is not going to be in that next exercise/food program box I buy. I am going to have to put the work in and it is going to take time. Hopefully someone will remind me of this when the next pitty party surfaces because it is all happening too slowly. I found the system that actually works for me. (as long as I stay consistent and don't take it off HAHAHA) YAY BODY BUGG!! I didn't have a week that there wasn't a loss. Why do I continue to search if I already have it? I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. No worries about the money spent. Each and every one brought inspiration with it. You would do well with each one until it played out without results. Sometimes we ate like rabbits, other times it was cabbage soup (ugh, feel ill just thinking about that one...) but the actual $$ outlay has been pretty minimal. Only one piece of equipment that collected dust; and who didn’t buy into the health-rider thing anyway? It made a great clothes hanger.
    Emma, what I am trying to say is that if the next video will lend inspiration to get things moving again, then it is worth any price. I support you and want to see you happy again.
    I love you.
    Jason

    ReplyDelete