Monday, January 11, 2010

Mouth Watering Monday-Quick Tasty Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Only 179 Calories per serving!!


I love this recipe!! No, it is no where as good as my mom's Hearty Chicken Noodle soup but it is pretty quick, (30 minutes from start to table) very tasty and only 179 calories it is on the keeper list for sure!!

Quick Tasty Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
1 TBS butter
1/2 C chopped onion
1/2 C chopped celery
7 cans 14.5 oz chicken broth
1/2 lb chopped cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 C egg noodles (I had Penne on hand this day)
1 C sliced carrots
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.  Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 min. Pour in chicken broth.  Stir in chicken noodles carrots and seasonings.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes before serving.
Gotta love it!!!
Have a weight loss success story you want to share? Let me know! I would love to feature you here! Want to sponsor me? Email me!!



1 comment:

  1. I can vouch, was good stuff! I had seconds, well ok thirds... :)
    Love you baby! You can do it!
    Loving Hubby

    ReplyDelete